٨۸۵۴۳۵۶۱-٠٢١

اين سربرگ اختياري انجمن براي صندوق پيشنهادات و انتقادات است.

موضوع: The Cardinals took off the interim tag from

The Cardinals took off the interim tag from 4 سال 11 ماه ago #452

• zhangzk
  • آفلاين
  • كاربر عضو
  • ارسال ها: 9
  • امتياز: 0
ST. LOUIS (AP) — Thrilled with the results http://www.marlinsfanproshop.com/authentic-starlin-castro-jersey , the St. Louis Cardinals thanked Mike Shildt.Shildt’s title and promoted him to full-time manager through 2020, a reward for steering the team back into postseason contention after replacing the fired Mike Matheny.“Why now? We could have waited but we feel like the time is right,” President of Baseball Operations John Mozeliak said Tuesday at Busch Stadium. “As we stated from Day One, we would use this time to really see how he handled the job. We just felt like we could not do better. Mike has shown he can do the job. Mike checks a lot of boxes along the way.”“It made sense to do it now. Everything is going well, and more importantly momentum is building behind our players. Having Mike Shildt as manager is a tremendous story. I hope the next chapter is even better,” he said.The story got off to a good start when the Cardinals scored a 5-2 victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates to give Shildt his first win without the interim tag.“It’s great,” said Jedd Gyorko about Shildt’s promotion. “He deserves it. We’re playing really good baseball and he’s leading the charge behind that. We’re pumped for him. He definitely deserves it.“Behind closed doors, he’s a great guy to play for and he’s an even better person.”Jose Martinez belted a two-run homer in the first inning to give the Cardinals the lead and they never looked back.“I’m actually happy for him,” Martinez said about Shildt. “He’s a guy who’s been working hard his whole career as a manager and a coach and everything. He’s really professional in everything he does.“I’m going to try to keep hitting homers to try and make him happy 100 percent.”Rookie pitcher Jack Flaherty picked up the win to improve to 8-6.“Everybody in here is excited Justin Bour Jersey ,” Flaherty said. “I think his biggest thing is for everybody to be themselves and he’s done the same thing. I’m just happy for him.”In danger of missing the playoffs three straight years for the first time since the late ’90s, the Cardinals have gone 26-12 since July 15 — the most wins in the majors during that span. A 19-5 mark in August has put them into the top spot in the NL wild-card standings.“I have been given a lot of credit for what’s happened in the past six weeks,” Shildt said. “I appreciate it, but I cannot accept it. The players make the plays and run the bases. They are a special group and I’m glad to be a part of it.”The Cardinals were 47-46 when Matheny was fired a day before the All-Star break. They’ve cut their deficit in the NL Central from 7 1/2 games to 4 1/2 behind the division-leading Chicago Cubs.“The team’s focused, high-level style of play under Mike is a standard that his teams consistently displayed during his prior years in the minors, and it has continued here at the major league level,” Cardinals Chairman Bill DeWitt Jr. said. “We’ve won, certainly, but he’s got great relationships with the players. We all watch the games and my observation is http://www.marlinsfanproshop.com/authentic-starlin-castro-jersey , I think his game strategy is excellent.”The Cardinals made the move before hosting Pittsburgh. St. Louis has won five of six, all on the road, and have won each of their last nine series overall.“What a privilege and honor it is to be the field manager of the St. Louis Cardinals,” Shildt said. “Mo had a vision for my career far greater than my own and I’m very grateful for that.”The 50-year-old Shildt, who never played in the minors or majors, joined the Cardinals organization in 2004. He spent most of that time managing in the minors and was a member of the major league coaching staff the past two seasons.Shildt became the 50th manager in franchise history when he was given the job on an interim basis.St. Louis missed the playoffs the last two years. Matheny reached the postseason in his first four years since following Tony La Russa, who guided the Cardinals to the 2011 World Series championship.An organization that has longed prided itself on playing the game right — “the Cardinal Way,” the team says — St. Louis has done well in all phases since Shildt took over.“I think there’s a different energy here now,” general manager Mike Girsch said. “There’s a different energy around everything in the clubhouse.”With veterans Yadier Molina and Matt Carpenter provided a steadying presence and an influx of rookies and newcomers Nick Wittgren Jersey , the Cardinals are back in position as October contenders.Second baseman Kolten Wong has seen the difference, especially since the switch in the dugout.“Shildt’s been really good at letting us play our own game and letting us play the way we want to play. That’s the biggest thing,” Wong said last week after a sweep at Dodger Stadium. “We have so many different personalities and different guys in this clubhouse. You just have to allow people to be themselves and eventually people are going to mesh together.”Cardinals closer Bud Norris said Shildt is an easy guy to play for.“Most guys are comfortable with him,” Norris said. “He has a relationship with every last person on this team and even around the clubhouse on a personal level, and he can communicate with everybody. The fact that he cares about you personally off the field, and he cares about you on the field is a big part of that. You just feel warm when you’re around him.”In his minor league managing career, his teams went 471-432. The North Carolina native managed for eight seasons in the Cardinals farm system where his clubs won league championships in 2010 and 2011 with Johnson City of the rookie Appalachian League and in 2012 with Springfield of the Double-A Texas League. HOUSTON — The trolling executing by Houston Astros third baseman Alex Bregman barely registered with Red Sox right-hander Nathan Eovaldi and, subsequently, didn’t merit much of a response.Bregman was one of three Houston batters to homer in succession off Eovaldi on June 20 at Minute Maid Park when Eovaldi pitched for the Tampa Bay Rays Julio Urias Jersey , and Bregman referred to that decisive string of blasts on social media as the scene of the American League Championship Series changed venues from Fenway Park to Minute Maid Park on Monday. With Eovaldi set to take the ball for Boston in Game 3 on Tuesday, his primary focus was elsewhere.“I feel I’m a completely different pitcher,” Eovaldi said. “I’m attacking it a lot differently. I’m going to try to keep the same approach as I’ve been attacking hitters now and moving forward. They have (a) lot of aggressive guys in the lineup. They swing early in the counts. Not too many of them like to walk. So, try and keep them in the ballpark and go from there.”Article continues below ...George Springer and Jose Altuve sandwiched solo home runs around the Bregman dinger in the sixth inning of that Astros 5-1 victory, with Altuve recording a 112.3 exit velocity with the second of his two homers off Eovaldi that game. That was one of three home runs Eovaldi surrendered during the season with an exit velocity of 110-plus miles per hour and, of the 14 homers he allowed during the season, four were recorded by the Astros in that contest.Although he noted a usage increase in his cutter with the Red Sox, whom he joined on July 29, the numbers reveal that Eovaldi relied on his four-seam fastball more during the final month and against the Yankees in the AL Division Series when he allowed one run on five hits with five strikeouts over seven innings in a 16-1 victory in Game 3 at Yankee Stadium. He will make his second career postseason start in similar circumstances: on the road with a series even at 1-1.Astros left-hander Dallas Keuchel will oppose Eovaldi with seven days of rest since his start in Game 3 of the ALDS against the Cleveland Indians. Keuchel has scuffled in his career against the Red Sox (0-1 http://www.dodgersfanproshop.com/authentic-max-muncy-jersey , 9.15 ERA over four appearances), with the challenge of maintaining sharpness between outings something requiring an attention to detail.“Well, I’m the kind of (pitcher) who needs to get off the mound a lot more than other guys,” Keuchel said. “But then the other side of it, the flipside was I barely touched the mound last year when I was going through some stuff. And kind of know what it takes to get through and make sure you’re ready to go. I’ve been fortunate enough to be healthy this whole season and kind of get off the mound from my bullpen days.“So I treated a few of the in-between days from Cleveland like a bullpen day — threw a light BP the day before we went to Boston. And it just feels good to get out there and face some live hitting whether it’s our team or whoever. So, I have just been trying to get off the mound as much as possible, try to carry that over.”
مدير دسترسي عمومي براي نوشتن را غيرفعال كرده.
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds