٨۸۵۴۳۵۶۱-٠٢١

به كيوننا خوش آمديد

به ما و كاربران ما بگوئيد چه كسي هستيد, چه چيزي دوست داريد و چرا عضو اين سايت شديد.
ما به همه اعضاء جديد خوش آمد ميگوئيم و اميدواريم كه زياد شما را اينجا ببينيم !

موضوع: Disposable development environments

Disposable development environments 5 سال 9 ماه ago #442

• gabrielantonio
  • آفلاين
  • كاربر عضو
  • ارسال ها: 10
  • امتياز: 0
HI,

Some people here (myself included) have been interested in creating disposable development environments. For the uninitiated, that means treating your development environment like a random head of cattle instead of a beloved pet. Infrastructure as code all the things.I've made some progress, but I'm primarily a Windows developer:
- All settings are versioned in source control: Visual Studio, EditPlus, Notepad++, etc. This was the really low-hanging fruit
- Chocolatey brings an apt-like interface for most of the applications I use. Most utilities are a "choco install foo" away, so that's nice.
That's not really disposable though. In a perfect world, I'd like to be able to hydrate a development environment in one step, and I just haven't gotten there, and I don't see a path forward, either, but maybe there's hope on the horizon(?):
- SQL Server is dockerized (or will be dockerized, AFAIK)
- Visual Studio will probably be dockerized
I don't know about the standard office applications--I use Excel heavily, e.g.--but I would guess at some point they'll be containerized. I'm also not sure if Docker supports GUI applications; at one point it was CLI-only, which begs the question: which parts of SQL Server are being containerized?
I'm really interested to hear if any of the Linux or Mac developers have managed to fully automate their primary development environment environment. If so, what technologies are you using? How hard was it to get to that point?

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1331239
Data Analysis Example

Thank you.
مدير دسترسي عمومي براي نوشتن را غيرفعال كرده.
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds